Scripts...

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 19 02:46:12 PST 2003

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 11/19/03 02:19:

> There is also the search engine rewrite and the voting poll. I will stay
> with these TODO items for now, and work on the CMS later. As you said,
> our current system is working for months without (m)any problems. :)

Also there are no features which a CMS would bring us that we require,
except for the poll system. But this feels much more "from scratch",
doesn't it :-)

Oh btw. can you make an adjustment to the news pages though:
currently we have the following:

LFS news
* item 1
* item 2

General news
* item 1
* item 2

Changelog
* last 10 cvs commits

When we switch to the new layout, we'll have great gaps between LFS news
and general news; see
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/styleswitch/lfs/news.html. To avoid
that, it may be better to switch to the following display (you may need
monotype to properly see the effect):

LFS news		| General news
* item 1		| * item 1
[ list of links to the	| [ list of links to the
5 latest news entries ]	| 5 latest news entries ]

Changelog
* last 10 cvs commits

This way, we minimize the size difference between the two classes of
news items and we offer the reader direct links to previous news items.
Format of the news links:
<ul>
</ul>

Is that possible? Thanks again,