Stylesheets for the website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 17 16:10:56 PST 2003

Hi Bryan Kadzban. You said the following on 11/18/03 00:15:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> Comments and suggestions welcome, preferably on website at lfs.org
>>

> Is the search textbox supposed to be overlaying the menu using the
> 2columns-menu stylesheet?  It actually seems too low using all three
> stylesheets, and from your screenshots it looks like somebody may be
> assuming that the LFS logo is visible.  The textbox is in about the same
> place on the website as it is in the screenshots, but the logo is
> nowhere to be seen on the site.

Unless you explicitly turn off images, the logo should be visible. But
even then, there is an empty box which is the exact same size as the
image. The search box is positioned  absolutely; 4em (44px) from the top
with a left-margin of 550px so it will never overlap the logo. The menu
is left-positioned and has a width of 70% of the browser window.

> I'm using Mozilla 2003-09-20 CVS (not Firebird).  I can generate a
> screenshot if needed, though it might be a bit difficult to see the
> textbox.

A screenshot would be very helpful. You can send it to me personally or
give me an URL, whichever you prefer.

For the record: I have tested Mozilla 1.02, 1.1, 1.2.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.1 and
1.5. None of them have problems like you describe, and from 1.2.1 up,
the menu displays perfectly (although the links don't work except in my
latest CVS copy of MozillaFirebird; strangely enough they work fine in
windows mozilla's I've tested). Can you try a stable release and see if
it has the same issues? And if it doesn, what's your screen resolution,
DPI and font-size settings?
Thanks,

FAQ and Website Maintainer