Stylesheets for the website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 17 12:33:46 PST 2003

I'm getting ready to implement different stylesheets for the website. On
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/styleswitch/lfs/news.html you can
check it out, although it's stylesheet switching is only for the files
under lfs/. There are three stylesheets for now:

* 2columns is the new standard. Unfortunately it doesn't work in
Konqueror, although it's working in almost every other browser I tried,
including IE.

* 2columns-menu is a variant of 2columns and implements a CSS-based menu
for the general navigation. This variant only works in recent
Gecko-browsers, and somewhat buggy in Opera.

* 3columns is the current default stylesheet. Nothing much has changed
here and this is the most stable and trouble-free stylesheet.

Stylesheets can be selected via browser controls (only IE doesn't have
this) or via the links under the logo. These links also set a cookie to
make your selection the default. Currently this is done via Javascript
although this will probably be changed to a server-based solution via
PHP. Finally, I've provided some (slightly outdated) screenshots for
each stylesheet:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/styleswitch/screenshots/

Comments and suggestions welcome, preferably on website at lfs.org

FAQ and Website Maintainer