RFC: styleswitcher

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Sat Nov 15 10:15:39 PST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Heya,
><snip>

I can't offer any technical perspective.

> Example of the javascript solution is at
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/styleswitch/lfs/news.html. To select
> a different stylesheet, scroll down to the footer and click a link. The
> link will save a cookie so your preference is automatically saved.
> Mozilla/Opera users can also use browser controls to select a different
> stylesheet. Note that I only enabled this functionality in
> lfs/news.html, if this method is to be used I'll also add it to the
> other files.

BUT! I can offer a "lazy man syndrome" suggestion. If you can find a
spot for the link near the top of the page, folks could switch styles
without having to go all the way to the bottom. And a consideration: if
I have cookies disabled and do a style switch, wiil everything still wok
ok, but for the "memory" of my preference? I often disable cookies for
various reasons.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational