Scripts...

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Thu Nov 13 14:31:09 PST 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 11/13/03 22:42:
> > So, I still suggest Slashcode or some other suggested CMS (I'm
> > using this term, but I don't know if it is correct on this
> > context), but I _strongly_ recommend something Open Source.
>
> I'm all in favor for OS too, of course. My only requirement is that
> it has to output valid XHTML-1.0 strict (via customizable templates;
> I don't want no stinkin' tables for layout :-) ) and not touch the
> CSS. We also should be able to alter the xhtml files for inclusion of
> the CVS changelogs and Bugzilla changes. And of course the
> possibility for pulling files from CVS, automatic validation, news
> submissions, news archiving, RSS feeds, comments and polls would be
> nice.

If we use an OS implementation we can add the above features (if they
not already exist) and still release the modifications under OS too.

> Anyway, I'll leave the decision for a CMS up to you since you'll have
> to do the programming side of it :-) It currently is not a big
> priority though, since we already have a working system.

Currently, I don't have any high priority task related to LFS (Okay,
there is the "news database syntax validation" thing, but I'm almost
finishing it), so I'm interested on beginning the tests with it.
Possibly, I will start with Slashcode: 1) It's Perl; 2) It's GPL; 3)
Seems to be cool :)

As always, suggestions are welcome.