Redesign concept

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Nov 13 12:14:17 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 11/13/03
> 16:50:
> > Gads! Well, I'll tell you what. If you believe NS 7.* would work on my
> > LFS box (5.0+ and BLFS 5.0 in progress - have X already and that should
> > be all that's mandatory), I'll DL the NS 7.* binary and install on my
> > LFS box.
>
> NS7 will work, even better would be MozillaFirebird-0.7. Don't be
> frightened by it's zero-dot status, 'cause it's already waaaay past the
> most recent NS (based on Mozilla-1.4 IIRC), in terms of usability,
> features, speed and size.
>
> Install instructions:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/xsoft/mozilla.html
> Download:
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firebird/releases/0.7/MozillaFirebird-0.7-i686-linux-gtk2+xft.tar.gz
   ^^^^
I'm i586 (k6-3). Is that going to work on my eqpt? Also, will my on-line
banking have a problem with it? If so, I'd rather do something with NS
because those darn banks seem to be picky. I do recall some comments
with some software that folks had probs with their banks.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational