Redesign concept

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Nov 13 07:50:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 11/13/03
> 13:32:
> > <http://linuxfromscratch.org/~bill/news_html.png>
>
> Ugh that's ugly.[...]

> some fixes, perhaps this solves it.
>
> >>http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/2colnews-fb-0.7.png
> >

> > Yep. Previous versions looked very similar to that. In fact, the one I
> > last tested is the only one that had a mess-up. I don't know why all the
> > others looked reasonable (but for the horizontal bars on "F", "T","t",
> > ... on one of the versions) and that last one I looked at was so
> > scrambled.
>
> So this means that you did see the two-column news layout correctly in
> NN-6.2.3, and only the latest version broke?

If we are speaking of the same test, apparently so. If that .png was
supposed to be like that latest news.html one, I'm certain. I'm starting
to lose track of which test does what. Right no I've a big download
going (about another 1.5 hours) on dial-up getting about 2.5K chars/sec,
so I can't check again to assure I looked at the right news page that
should match that news.

> > Good grief! How in the world do you deal with all the "standardization"
> > out there?
>
> Start with the official standard, make it work in the most compliant
><snip>

Gads! Well, I'll tell you what. If you believe NS 7.* would work on my
LFS box (5.0+ and BLFS 5.0 in progress - have X already and that should
be all that's mandatory), I'll DL the NS 7.* binary and install on my
LFS box.

Let me know if you think that'll help. Just keep in mind the DL will be
long. But there are no per-minute charges here, so that's a plus.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational