Redesign concept

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 13 07:40:53 PST 2003

Hi Richard A Downing FBCS. You said the following on 11/13/03 16:11:
> I really dislike this two column stuff.  It just makes a
> cluttered look. Someone said two-col didn't work on the web, and
> I agree.

I said that! :)
However, I meant that to apply for two columns which lead into each
other, like a newspaper article. Multiple columns for different types of
content is often used. The news page really puts me in a dilemma. On the
one hand, I agree that single column is less cluttered, on the other
hand, I don't want to prioritize news. If I update the general news
section, it goes by allmost unnoticed because you have to scroll to see
it. Same thing for the CVS logs.
Perhaps a better solution would be to drop the distinction between
project news and general news, although that requires quite some
changes. Thoughts?

> I liked the drop-down menus in the other version a lot.

I liked it too but it was only working in very recent Mozilla browsers
(>1.5). Seems to be a bug in the Linux versions because Windows Mozilla
has no problems from 1.0>. Anyway, the drop-down menus also require
markup changes. Rest assured, once I have a decently supported way which
is widely supported I'll implement it. So don't worry, the drop-down
will probably return.

FAQ and Website Maintainer