Redesign concept

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 13 03:11:07 PST 2003

Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 11/13/03
04:55:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/newstest/lfs/news.html
>>

> A big-time mess-up in the left column. Lines are overwriting each other
> in NS 6.2.3. I can make out the "Read" heading and some of the entries
> under it. The are overlaying the news. Oh! And the "W3C" logo stuff,
> "back to the top" starts righ under the "LFS-specific new" heading of
> the left column.
>
> I went ot max resolution, maxed the screnn and "reload". No change in
> appearance.

Care to provide a screenshot? I tested the above page in Mozilla-1.0.2,
1.1, 1.2.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.1 and 1.5. All displayed it as in this screenshot:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/2colnews-moz102.png

Netscape-6.2.3 is still based on the really old mozilla-0.9.4, I'm not
sure if I should work around bugs present in a release that old...
If you're geek enough to use Mozilla or Netscape, at least upgrade to
the latest version ;-)

The following is the best display you can get:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/2colnews-fb-0.7.png

Konqueror-3.12 and CVS have horrible bugs with the floats; the
navigation on the right also has a tendency to disappear. Opera 7
displays it just like the Mozilla's, but Internet Explorer 6 is even
worse then Konqueror, it doesn't want to push the changelog below the
other news but insists on placing it right next to them.

FAQ and Website Maintainer