Redesign concept

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Wed Nov 12 09:03:47 PST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 11/12/03
> 15:40:
> >>Have adjusted that, will commit in a sec.
> >
> > Maybe I'm to soon and all the stuff isn't updated yet? I'll wait 10-15
> > minutes, clear my cache and look again.
>
> Nope didn't update ~jeroen, done now.

Ok, got it I think. I see "... Hints   Patches" in the top menu now.
Looks good. If we can't use the menu down the right side and stick with
this one, can we dupe the two set of menus at the bottom as I've seen
don on many sites? That way if you've scrolled down to the bottom, you
can select a new destination right there without having to go back to
the top.

And you know someone else is going to complain about all that empty
space where the right-side menu used to be. Is it possible to then turn
the news area into a "two column" format? Maybe reduce the current width
and then have each article "wrap" into the next column? That would get
more of longer articles on the "first" page and when <PGDN>, more of it,
or the next article, etc.

I don't know if it's feasible, but I think it could look pretty good and
shorten the overall page length or allow more to be retained if needed.

Maybe I'm jumping to soon here - do you already have other plans for
that unused area?

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational