(no subject)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 10 09:56:42 PST 2003

Hi Roland Riegel. You said the following on 11/10/03 18:35:
> Where do the above files come from? Are these from the official mirrors (see
> http://www.de.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/packages.html)? And why do the two
> tarballs on the mirrors have different checksums? I think there should be
> copies of only _one_ _single_ tarball, so that all copies have the same hash
> and the chance to find a download source in the p2p networks is much higher.

You read my mind. Actually, I'm working with Gerard to get him to
provide GPG-signed tarball, but he's having problems with his mldonkey
client. Several people have offered to download his package so they can
spread it in the network, but there hasn't been any progress thus far.
Gerard, what's the status on this?

FAQ and Website Maintainer