news link are pointing to http://linuxfromscratch.org instead of mirror

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 9 14:41:11 PST 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 11/09/03 18:32:
> I didn't explain myself properly. I meant to have all http://lfs.org
> links changed to www.lfs.org where it is required (with the exception of
> cgi-bin and mailman links). Then I realized we shouldn't have any
> absolute links left, anyways since all should be relative to whatever
> mirror you are on. So the only absolute links left are cgi, mailman,
> bugs, archives, wiki and search engine (maybe missed one or two but you
> get the idea of what's needed).

Ah, I've never used absolute links, except for things which aren't
mirrored. So should be okay. And if not, we'll get the bugreports here.

> I'll go pick a mirror later and check all its links to make sure there's
> nothing forgotten.

Don't bother, just did it (via the w3's link checker:
http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hu.linuxfromscratch.org%2Flfs%2Fnews.html&hide_redirects=on&hide_type=all&depth=&check=Check

Seems that http://lfs.org/~user doesn't work but
http://www.lfs.org/~user does. Is that how it should be?

FAQ and Website Maintainer