[Fwd: LFS Mirror]

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Sun Nov 9 09:51:49 PST 2003

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:28:11 -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 05:05, Stuart Harris - Chief Systems Engineer
> Intermedia wrote:
> > Have you/we considered doing a mirror list a-la php.net, you could just
> > have a simple mirrors.inc file that lists them...
>
> Maybe, I haven't looked at php's code, but I have something similar in
> mind. Do you happen to have that mirrors.inc file handy and can forward
> it this way?

I've just looked at PHP.net's mirroring system and it seems very useful
for our purpose. See the description of how it works, taken from
http://www.php.net/mirrors.php:

"Here you can find information about the mirrors of PHP.net. This page
only lists the official mirrors, registered in our database. The mirrors
automatically detected to be outdated or disfunctional are not listed
for your convinience, so there may be a mirror (or some mirrors) with
problems in your country additionaly to those listed here. Therefore if
you cannot find mirror sites in your country here, or the mirror site
you used seems to be disappeared, check back later."

The mentioned mirrors.inc file is described at
http://www.php.net/source.php?url=/include/mirrors.inc.