[Fwd: LFS Mirror]

Stuart Harris - Chief Systems Engineer Intermedia stuart at intermedia.com.sg
Sun Nov 9 04:05:47 PST 2003

Have you/we considered doing a mirror list a-la php.net, you could just
have a simple mirrors.inc file that lists them...

www.linuxfromscratch.org) become stale. So I run a simple script that
downloads the /timestamp/timestamp file from each mirror and compares it
to the master one and if it's too old, print a warning.

Eventually I'd like to be able to comment out mirrors quickly. If we
have a flat mirrorfile (just one mirror URL per line without the
/lfs/news.html tagged on) it'd be a simple matter to comment out a
mirror line by, for example, putting a capital X as the first character
of that line (Xhttp://stalemirror). The script that builds the
index.html files can parse this file line by line and filter out lines
that match the "^X.$" regular expression.

This will help for me, I wouldn't need to manually maintain my own
mirror list, I can just check it out of CVS whenever the check-mirror
script runs.

Anyways, think on it. It will become something to implement in a little
while.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org