news link are pointing to http://linuxfromscratch.org instead of mirror

Anderson Lizardo Gomes andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 7 20:44:46 PST 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:53:45 -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 20:37, Anderson Lizardo Gomes wrote:
> > Wait a moment. I thought news archives were not to be rsync'ed (AFAIR to
> > reduce disk space requirements)...
>
> Nobody told me about that (or maybe somebody did and I either didn't pay
> attention or forgot). Anyways, they have been mirroring all along, and
> how much space does it really take up. Right now only 260 KB -- nothing
> to worry about.

This was decided when you were coordinating the new website setup. If I
could remember, It was decided that the following sections were not to
be rsync'ed, to reduce space requirements for the mirrors: mailinglist
archives, lfs museum and news archives. Note that I could have
misunderstood such things.

But, personally, I think we should rsync news archives, to reduce yet
more main server's bandwidth usage.

> Anyways Anderson if you want to go ahead and fix this the proper way, go
> ahead.

I think you fixed it the proper way :). But, for sure, I will re-check
the scripts.