Voting Booth/Poll

Anderson Lizardo Gomes andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 7 20:21:05 PST 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:12:05 -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 13:40, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > I like gpoll. It's simple and flexible and is already XHTML 1.0 ready.
> > Supports many kinds of database systems: PostgreSQL, mySQL, Oracle, or
> > Sybase. I've tested it locally, because it doesn't have a on-line demo
> > available. Gerard, can you setup a database for it, so we can show it
>
> Still need it done? I read something about waiting for later and finding
> a better tool?

I think you read the message related to a feature requested by Bill
Maltby (something like "a feedback of LFS-PRE versions, to see if the
book is ready for final release, from the user point of view". I hope I
understood Bill's ideas fully). We've decided to discuss this on lfs-dev
later, to see if there is some interest.

gpoll is too simple to fullfill Bill's suggestion. So, we'll also
discuss later some way to do this (maybe a friendly interface to
Bugzilla, like http://bugs.kde.org ?)

Back to the voting poll thing, you initially suggested it, remember? I'd
like to bring gpoll up, so you can see if it is what you expect.

> > of "cgi-bin" directory). BTW, what DB system is currently available on
> > the server?
>
> MySQL

Nice, either pollcentral and gpoll support it. As was you that brought
up this idea initially :P, you can answer this: what features would you
like to see on the voting poll?