Upcoming changes in use of the linuxfromscratch.org and www.linuxfromscratch.org domains

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 7 17:02:28 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 17:56, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> That machine is already called belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org, I don't
> really see why people who need to access the machine specifically can't
> use that name. Granted it may change in the future, but the people who
> need that level of access would be aware of the change anyway.

There's still the user home dirs that are referenced in some hints, blfs
book and other places. But those can be accessed as
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~username

I'm making the change tonight that 'linuxfromscratch.org' stops serving
the website and redirects to the www.lfs.org page (after a few second
timeout so people an update their
bookmarks and what not)

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem