eDonkey/BitTorrent distribution of LFS's packages

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 7 08:35:17 PST 2003

Hi Roland Riegel. You said the following on 11/07/03 17:13:
> Hi all,
>
> As I am using my LFS systems on a regular basis, I would like to give
> something back to the community and provide part of my dsl connection
> bandwidth for distributing the packages needed to build LFS.

Great! All help is welcome!

> On the homepage I just found a 4.1 tarball. Does there already exist a 5.0
> one? I do have eDonkey up and running, but I absolutely do not have any clue
> how BitTorrent works, so it could take me a while to set it up on my system.

Gerard is working on it; he has the 5.0 tarball ready, GPG signed and
all, but has some troubles with his mldonkey client. Gerard, have you
read my P2P hint already? http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/p2p.txt

> Please tell me which files I should put into my shared files directory and
> which other steps are neccessary to get this running.

Read the above hint; once Gerard has it up and running, we'll run a news
announcement on some lists and the website.

FAQ and Website Maintainer