cvs commit: www/lfs cvs.html packages.html

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 7 07:42:50 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 04:42, jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> The other branch is the so-called stable branch, which means keeping
> 5.0 up-to-date package wise, critical bugs, spell fixes and whatever

Call that 5.x up-to-date not 5.0. 5.0 is a release, not a branch
indication.

>   +			<p>To get a copy of the stable 5.0x branch, run the following
> command:</p>
>    				<code>cvs -z9 -d
> :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org:/home/cvsroot checkout -r
> v5_0 LFS</code>

This will check out LFS-5.0 as the release, not the branch. The correct
command to get the current code in the branch is this:

cvs checkout -r b5_x

b5_x is the branch tag, so wherever we are is what you get. Tags
starting with a 'v' are used to indicate specific versions like v4_0
v4_1 v5_0-pre3 and v5_0

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem