[Fwd: I destroyed the patches ;(]

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 6 21:58:36 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 15:39, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>suggested so that the script can be run and there is no need to keep the
>>current directories intact as we currently do. If someone can make a
>>lfs-patches.sh script that generates the lfs patches I can commit both
>>to the cvs and patch the update-website.sh script to use these scripts.
>>Probably should be followed for all other projects too so that the
>>entire website can be recreated from cvs.
>>

>That's the ideal end-goal yes. There are always a few things like the
>'view' dirs but they can be recreated using the render-*book.sh scripts
>and getting the current stable release out of the museum so that's all
>good (same for the downloads dirs).

In view of the current and the previous deletions of static content, is
it possible to keep these manually populated directories in a seperate
location? For example the dynamically generated site would be in
~httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/www (this would be the new root) and the
project specific files could be in
~httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/<projectName> with proper symlinks being
placed to make the sites work as they currently do.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/