need to validate site before update-website.sh makes it live

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 6 09:53:46 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 05:31, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Hang on a minute.. a properly setup xml catalog solves that problem. I'm
> quite flabbergasted that nobody else on this list seems to know about this
> issue. I'm only XML newbie, yet I first heard about it years ago when
> earlier versions of Gnome needed a proper catalog set up for the help system
> to work properly..
>
> http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

And done. I added this to /etc/xml/catalog:

<rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/"
	rewritePrefix="file:///usr/share/xml/html/"/>

Created, the /usr/share/xml/html directory and put the xhmlt1-strict.dtd
file there as well as the entities that dtd includes.

And it seems to be working just fine. It takes about 5 seconds to run
xmllint on all the html files. Before the change it took about 1.5
minutes. Good improvement, thanks Greg.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org