need to validate site before update-website.sh makes it live

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Nov 6 04:31:27 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:08:15AM -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 21:36, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > Both do the same thing. One advantage of the last one is that, if you
> > have a well-configured Docbook installation (I don't know the details,
> > but you can "force" OpenSP to use local DTDs instead of on-line ones),
>
> Maybe you can check it out for me?
>
> I'm using xmllint now (it's not yet in the script, pending somebody
> fixing a few issues I pointed out earlier). It works well but it's slow,
> because it downloads the file and does the checks then. Using a local
> copy of that DTD would be a lot quicker of course. If you have an idea,
> please share ;)

Hang on a minute.. a properly setup xml catalog solves that problem. I'm
quite flabbergasted that nobody else on this list seems to know about this
issue. I'm only XML newbie, yet I first heard about it years ago when
earlier versions of Gnome needed a proper catalog set up for the help system
to work properly..

http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

There used to be a script on that page to aid in setting up the catalog.
Dunno how well it works..