Website problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 26 22:12:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 22:50, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Disregard. Found them on Gnome's FTP. Installing them now.

If I'm looking at the right font, it looks a lot nicer. Here's a
screenshot, you tell me if I'm looking at what I believe is Bitstream
Vera Sans:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~gerard/test.lfs.org-bitstream-vera-sans.png

Whatever it is, much better than that Luxi Sans I've been looking at.
Fonts in Linux is one of those black-arts to me. I never get around
figuring them out. All I know is that I dislike the whole business. My
xchat gets very slow when a channel buffer gets to be a few hundred
lines when a TTF font is used. Maybe it's pango. Oh well that's for
blfs-support, not here.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org