Website Scripts

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jun 26 17:25:24 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>

> On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 18:09, Jeremy Utley wrote:

CVS
> > > commit emails.
> > >
> > > I have attached the log_accum.pl script that the CVS server uses
> > > email those commit notifications. If you have questions, feel free
> > > ask.
> > >

> > I'm not going to say that PHP is "needed" - there's any number of
ways
> > to do what you're wanting to do.  However, the only scripting/web
> > programming language I know well enough to do this kind of task is
PHP.
> > Should be possible to parse the data, but I'm only just beginning to
> > look at the script Gerard sent, to see what it's doing, and to see
if
> > there's a way I can get the data needed without too much work.
> >
> > I'll keep in touch - I just subscribed to the website list.
>
> How about we simply modify the log_accum.pl script itself and have it
> generate some HTML or whatever format pages alongside the email. Since
> that script runs anyways it's probably the most convenient way.

I was just considering something similar to that myself, G.  Would
definately be easier than installing another language just for one part
of the site, and there's probably plenty of people experienced enough in
perl to made the necessary adaptations.  The past archive might be a
little more difficult that way, but should still be possible.

I'll stick around to listen to the discussion as it goes along, and lend
whatever expertise I can :)

-J-