Package distribution via P2P

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 26 15:28:02 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 05:04, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Well, to summarize, is this a viable solution for package distribution?
> Or would it be too much of a hassle to setup?

It might be, but I don't feel comfortable setting this up on the LFS
server, mostly from a security point of view. I don't know those
protocols and servers very well so I don't know how secure it is. I
would say leave it for now, I'm ok with doing some research and testing
down the road, but I don't forsee having much time to do this any time
soon. In the mean while I wouldn't mind of people send me some
documentation explaining the security of those servers.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org