CVS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 25 09:31:46 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 09:14, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> I think it's best to use a seperate repository from 'www' (how about
> 'website'?) since we'll have too much moving of files and directories
> once we convert. Once we convert we drop 'www' and use 'website'
> instead. I hope it's as simple as I sound... ;)

A seperate one isn't necessary. CVS doesn't store any of that repository
directory information. It does not matter one single bit if you use
'www/test' or 'website' or 'a/b/c'. The only effect that has is what you
have to type to check it out locally (ie: cvs checkout website, or cvs
checkout www/test or cvs checout a/b/c)

Let's keep it under 'www', that's what it's meant for: all the websites.

> Alternatively, there are no name collisions so we /could/ drop the new
> site on top of the old. However that's a maintainance nightmare and I
> prefer people go to the customized 404.html rather then an outdated page.

Same here. Different file names are not an issue in my book.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org