CVS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 08:14:16 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans said the following on 06/25/03 16:46:
> Step one would be creating a repository first for you. Maybe under the
> 'www' repository already existing and call this one 'test' or something
> to that effect. Currently when you "cvs checkout www" you get the lfs,
> alfs, blfs and hints websites. "test" would be added to it (and you can
> run checkout www/test to just get it).
>
> Then it's a matter of somebody running cvs import and should be ready to
> roll then.
>
> CVS rep on the server would be handy, that way other people than just
> you can get to it.
>
> If the directory structure is OK to handle I don't know yet, I'll have
> to look at it later. Mirrors probably shouldn't use CVS to sync the
> website (although it would be handy). Right now they all use rsync and
> I'll setup rsync again soon enough.

Okay, first have a look at the directory structure then the public
repository can be created.

I think it's best to use a seperate repository from 'www' (how about
'website'?) since we'll have too much moving of files and directories
once we convert. Once we convert we drop 'www' and use 'website'
instead. I hope it's as simple as I sound... ;)

Alternatively, there are no name collisions so we /could/ drop the new
site on top of the old. However that's a maintainance nightmare and I
prefer people go to the customized 404.html rather then an outdated page.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans