News archive database recomendation

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 29 16:50:33 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hm; we could use RSS perhaps; we could then combine the lfs2rss.pl
> and the newsarchiving. It would simplicate and optimize the site
> generation too. But let's get a working solution first so we can
> launch the site and do the beautifying in evolutionary steps (unless
> it would be easier for you to do this right now, of course).

Using RSS (or any other XML-based specification) to store XHTML code has
at least one issue. See my post at
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/website/2003-August/000463.html

explaining this incovenience. In short, it's like insert XHTML code
inside XHTML: you have to "quote" (protect special characters from
parsing using entities) all the XHTML code you are inserting.