P2P distribution (was: no subject)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 29 02:52:38 PDT 2003

Hi Daniel Brewer. You said the following on 08/29/03 11:25:
>  Hi,
>
> I currently have mldonkey running on my college computer (not sure how
> long it will last against the IS team but we will see) and I am quite
> prepared to have all the lfs things shared from my computer.  I am
> downloading the 4.1 packages but would like to share the bootable CDs as
> well.  Could you provide me with the ed2k links?

There are no ed2k links yet (at least that I'm aware of). Just download
via HTTP or FTP (links are on the bottom) and put them in your
.mldonkey/incoming directory (or wherever you keep the shared files).
Then copy the ed2k links and mail them to this list. I'll add them to
the website then.

> Also, let me just say I think the new site is great.  When are you going
> live with it?

As soon as the newsarchiving is done - most other items on the
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo list are nearly
completed. Hopefully sometime next week, if not sooner.

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)