Request

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 28 07:13:14 PDT 2003

Hi James Robertson. You said the following on 08/28/03 16:09:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> How hard would it be to put up a voting system of some kind?  I see this
> often in the dev list where a discusion starts and or an opinion is
> asked for.  If the discussion gets to a point where we can see clear
> voting points, we could then say - to put in your vote go here...
>
> What do you think?  I am not smart enough to do this, so I could not
> volunteer, but maybe put it on the wish/do-list for someone to volunteer
> for?
>
> James

You mean a voting system to get polls? There was something like that on
the old and now retired LFS community website.

It's beyond my capabilities too, allthough it wouldn't be much more work
then find an Open Source poll system and installing it on the server.

I'm not sure if it's something we need or want right now - most
discussions are solved with arguments rather than votes - which is the
way it should be in my mind. But I guess it can also be a positive means
for decision-making and as an argument in itself (eg. "90% of the
LFS'ers wants grub").

So I'll add it to the todo list and let whomever wants to implement and
maintain it take care of it :)

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)