swish-e templates

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 28 04:13:09 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 08/27/03 17:50:
> Jeroen,
>
> http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test.cgi
>
> The files it uses are in
> /home/httpd/search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test/
>
> You can write to the files, as well as the cgi script itself. I also

Not anymore :)

 > took your TemplateDefault.pm file and stuck it in the template-test
 > directory.
> I symlinked the images and style directories from
> /home/httpd/test.lfs.org to /home/httpd/search.lfs.org so they'll always
> be in sync. This link will have to be changed to www.lfs.org when the
> site launches.

Good.

> When loading the new cgi there is an error in the log about it not being
> able to find the images/favicon.ico file, so you may just want to put
> one in the test.lfs.org/images directory (not sure why it wants one,
> it's probably just my browser, though it doesn't complain when I load
> the normal index.cgi so it's something to do with the way your html is
> setup I'm guessing).

Totally forgot that I specified a favicon but didn't put one in the
images directory!

> There's also a bit of a bug in the TemplateDefault.pm file. I'm getting
> an error as follows:
>
> [Wed Aug 27 09:44:00 2003] [error] [client 24.244.14.181] Use of
> uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> template-test/TemplateDefault.pm line 19.

Probably because I removed the form generation from the script. The line
can probably be removed.

> When you look at http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test.cgi I
> see an empty white rectangle in the middle of the screen. Is that

That's where the searh results come. The default is to not show search
results, but when people go to search.lfs.org, I want to show them
search.html anyways (linked as index.html).

> normal? The link "search options" doesn't work (do you have a
> search.html file ready?) and the search results may need some work too.

search.html is in www/test. I'm adjusting the stylesheet to format the
search results.

> Well, this'll get you started with swish-e anyways. I can't fix that
> TemplateDefault.pm bug right now, I'm trying to get you a Mailman and
> Bugzilla going so you can test those templates.

Great! I'll proceed with those untill you've restored write permissions
for me on the swish templates :)

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)