Volunteering

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 27 16:52:42 PDT 2003

Hi Sam Barnett-Cormack. You said the following on 08/27/03 18:00:
> I have a little free time I can use to help with any programming-type
> tasks for the website - I know perl, php, and how to use the Perl DBI,
> among other things, so feel free to ask me to do something.

Cool :)
I'll revert the question though: what do you want to work on? Have a
look at http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo to get some
ideas.

The most important current items are:

* fix cl2html.pl (see
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/website/2003-August/000533.html)

* create a script which outputs Bugzilla messages to HTML - similar to
cl2html.pl. Nobody's worked on this, so you'll have to do a little
research and create something from scratch.

* help with the newsarchiving. You'll need to coordinate with Anderson
though, since he's allready in the process of crafting a proper solution.

Thanks, and I look forward to your contributions! :)

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)