swish-e templates

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 27 08:50:07 PDT 2003

Jeroen,

http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test.cgi

The files it uses are in
/home/httpd/search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test/

You can write to the files, as well as the cgi script itself. I also
took your TemplateDefault.pm file and stuck it in the template-test
directory.

I symlinked the images and style directories from
/home/httpd/test.lfs.org to /home/httpd/search.lfs.org so they'll always
be in sync. This link will have to be changed to www.lfs.org when the
site launches.

When loading the new cgi there is an error in the log about it not being
able to find the images/favicon.ico file, so you may just want to put
one in the test.lfs.org/images directory (not sure why it wants one,
it's probably just my browser, though it doesn't complain when I load
the normal index.cgi so it's something to do with the way your html is
setup I'm guessing).

There's also a bit of a bug in the TemplateDefault.pm file. I'm getting
an error as follows:

[Wed Aug 27 09:44:00 2003] [error] [client 24.244.14.181] Use of
uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
template-test/TemplateDefault.pm line 19.

I've attached the TemplateDefault.pm file to this email, maybe somebody
can have a look.

When you look at http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/template-test.cgi I
see an empty white rectangle in the middle of the screen. Is that
normal? The link "search options" doesn't work (do you have a
search.html file ready?) and the search results may need some work too.

Well, this'll get you started with swish-e anyways. I can't fix that
TemplateDefault.pm bug right now, I'm trying to get you a Mailman and
Bugzilla going so you can test those templates.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org