remaining system admin tasks

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 26 09:13:45 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 08/26/03 17:51:
> Anyways, now symlinks work properly within Apache it might make things
> easier during the transition.

Cool :)

> Now there seem to be two options of going about changing the websites. I
> don't have a preference. How about you tell me what you want to see done
> and I'll see that it happens (you're the one in charge afterall, not me
> so we'll do it your way no questions asked).

Well with great power comes great responsibility :)

I've made all website-related changes I intended to make which are
within my capabilities. I want to have the news archive working because
this requires some script changes to the current test-site-update.sh
which I'd rather not test with the official site. But once that is
stable, we can move the current website to /old and install the new one.
Hopefully in a couple of days...

The other outstanding issues on the todo list can be taken care of later
and don't require as much testing. Allthough I would like to test my
converted templates of bugzilla, swish and mailman, because my todo list
is otherwise allmost empty (and this is the last week before I have
classes again).

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)