remaining system admin tasks

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 26 08:51:23 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 00:42, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > But, I do understand that from a different angle it's much better: it's
> > all better intergrated and BLFS (and others) won't see so stand-alone
> > anymore (which I wanted to fix anyways) and I imagine it's easier to
> > manage all the websites if they're all together, one stylesheet will do
> > the trick (then again a symlink from /home/httpd/www.lfs.org/blah.css to
> > /home/httpd/beyond.lfs.org/blah.css would work too).
>
> (actually that latest statement is not true - reread my response in
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/website/2003-August/000424.html)

That was because FollowSymlinks was not enabled in Apache, but it is now
for all domains. Check http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/testfile

it's a symlink to /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/testfile and
works properly now.

Anyways, now symlinks work properly within Apache it might make things
easier during the transition.

Now there seem to be two options of going about changing the websites. I
don't have a preference. How about you tell me what you want to see done
and I'll see that it happens (you're the one in charge afterall, not me
so we'll do it your way no questions asked).

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org