cvs2cl.pl - XML output

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 24 15:49:34 PDT 2003

Hi Martyn J. Pearce. You said the following on 08/24/03 19:44:
> Greetings Jeroen,
>>[snip]
>>
>>Is this possible with cvs2cl.pl?
>

> Currently, no.  It may be in the future, but I'm afraid the cvs2cl is
> currently in maintenance mode, and it'll likely be a little while before real
> development is done on it again :-(  I have logged this as a bug (#53).

Okay no problem. We've hacked around the current limitations (see below).

> I'm no expert in XSLT, however, I have knocked up a starting example, which I
> attach, which gives the above format.  I've also posted it on the red-bean
> site.  If you enhance/improve this, and don't mind sharing, please copy me ---
> I'll post the improved version, too!  The attached worked with:

One of the website's co-developers tried an XSLT too, however found it
too hard to extract the necessary information in the format we want.
Instead, he created a perl script to do all of this. You can find it at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/cl2html.pl, and you're free to
link to it or include it on the website (it's GPL). Example output is at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html#changelog
I'll see if we can use the XSLT you provided but it seems it's a bit
redundant now... sorry about that! :)

> Cheers,
> Mx.

Thanks for the response,