Draft of archive_news.pl script

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 23 02:12:57 PDT 2003

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 08/22/03 23:59:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sending a draft of archive_news.pl, a alternative solution for the
> news archiving problem, described in
> http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo

Glad to see you're working on this. My time is limited in the weekend
(girlfriend eats up all my time ;).
On the archiving aspect:
We have currently 4 newspages: LFS, BLFS, hints and ALFS, of which LFS
and BLFS generate the most news. So for the archiving, what about this:

www/test/news/{b}lfs/YYYY/MM/index.html

and for hints and ALFS perhaps:
www/test/news/{alfs,hints}/YYYY/Q{1-4}/index.html

where the index.html of this month is actually the respective news.html
(symlinked)

This would make newsarchiving a symlink matter and people can bookmark
specific newsitems. Is this possible?

(From now on, I'm going to omit the thanks - see
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#thanks !)

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)