Draft of archive_news.pl script

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 22 14:59:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm sending a draft of archive_news.pl, a alternative solution for the
news archiving problem, described in
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo

I call it "draft" because it is not complete yet. By now, it only parses
a file containing XHTML code and extracts news from it.

Basic usage:
archive_news.pl --infile news.html

where "news.html" is a XHTML containing news. This file must be
well-formed XML. Because of this, "generalnews.txt" cannot be parsed
directly because it lacks the document element (in XHTML, it is
update-site-test.sh script can be used perfectly.

For more information, read the archive_news.pl manpage:
archive_news.pl --man

Suggestions are welcome. I will work now on actual archiving code.

Desafio AntiZona - Um emocionante desafio de perguntas e respostas que
te dá um Renault Clio, kits de eletrônicos, computadores, notebooks e
mochilas. Cadastre-se, participe e concorra!
www.cade.com.br/antizona