News archiving

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 22 12:41:06 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> I'm breaking my head trying to figure out how to implement the news
> archiving (see http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo).

I've been playing with this TODO item, and I'm finishing a draft script
(I'm just finishing user interface and basic documentation). It's not
the best solution for this, but it's better than nothing... :-)

> I'd prefer it if there were, say, 5 news entries per page and that
> new entries cause older entries to be moved to an archive.

This feature is somewhat difficult to do without some server script...
But I will see what I can do about this ;-)

> But how can I implement this? And no, we don't have a CMS and we're
> not going to get one. This should be done with some scripts.

Perl resolves everything ;-). IMO, CMS is not needed for the current
website purpose.