Server tasks somewhat done

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 20 09:09:30 PDT 2003

The links to /stable/ are created in lfs and blfs museums.

Are you sure you didn't mean to call them "latest"? There are no unstable
versions in the museum, so the term is somewhat inaccurate, as it suggests
there is also an /unstable/ link.

About the mapping thing you outlined; is this still necessary? Can't you
just copy the files from /home/httpd/test.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs into
/home/httpd/beyond.linuxfromscratch.org?

Regarding rsync mirroring: you can add --exclude options to the rsync
command line so mirrors can choose to mirror something or not. If we can to
force parts not to be mirrored no matter what, those excludes can be
hard-coded into the /etc/rsyncd.conf file.

So when the site is moved over and replaced the current old sites let me
know the directories that should not be mirror'ed and I'll have them
excluded.

Then make sure you use full URLs to access those non-mirrorable parts. An
internal link would fail when accessed on a mirror site (ie: the same way
it's done with the archives, bugzilla and such on the current site).

Lastly I don't mind having the books mirrored, it'll save tons of bandwidth
in the long run.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org