cvs commit: www/test/patches index.html

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 19 07:58:42 PDT 2003

Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 08/19/03 15:32:
> Note for the 2Do section, there should be a seperate page for each
> package. There is no need for all the details of the patch to show up on
> the webpage, just a few important things.

Like what things?

How about this:
----------------------
|Package | Submitter |
|--------------------|
| Origin | Purpose   |
|--------------------|
| Patch / link to it |
----------------------

No need for multiple pages IMHO; I'd rather have one big page which is
well organized (or dynamically generated from a database, like I want
for the hints index ;) ) than dozens of small pages.

> I had planned to keep patches out of cvs for convinience and because of
> the dynamic nature of the patches. If you think it is better to have a
> cvs repository, then I will rethink my position:)

I'm not sure. I like the idea of dynamic changelogs everywhere on the
LFS pages - it makes the project much more lively, especially from the
outside, when there aren't much book releases.
CVS is a usefull means to track these changes and we've set up the
necessary infrastructure allready to enable dynamic changelogs on the
website for every CVS repository.
You might want to rethink the filename a bit if you choose to go with
this approach; since there would be redundancy in the versioning of it.

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)