xml2html XSL/Perl script

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 18 17:46:49 PDT 2003

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 08/19/03 01:44:
> Hi,
>
> I've decided to drop the development of that XSL script. I don't have
> (yet :-) enough knowledge to write a XSL script with all features
> described in TODO list. Instead of this, I wrote a Perl script that
> parse the XML output of cvs2cl.pl and transform it to (X)HTML code. It
> fully resolves the TODO item related to cvs2html transformation, and
> has the option to enable/disable the addition of the filenames in the
> output (useful to the hints section).
>
> I've attached the script. If you want something to be modified (like the
> HTML output format, or date format or anything else :-), just let me
> know.
>
> Basic usage:
> cvs2cl.pl --xml --stdout --usermap usermap | cl2html.pl > ChangeLog
>
> Type cl2html.pl --help for more information on program options.

Very nice work! It also has great output - I'm gonna work on getting
this on the LFS server so the output is available for everyone to see.
I don't think there should be any changes to the output - it's great;
exactly as I intended it.
Thanks!

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)