Translation of LFS website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 8 12:31:09 PDT 2003

Hi M.Canales.es. You said the following on 08/08/03 20:34:
>>I said the following on 08/08/03 18:18:
>>>Would it be okay to add your page to that list (and in that case,
>>>should I call it "Espanol") ?
>

> Of course. Months ago I asked to Gerard if was possible make a link to our
> website and it responded to me that it would do it as soon as was designed
> the new Web.
>
> It cheers knowledge to me that your intention is to put connections to all
> the available translations.

Okay, I will add a link to your page. How should I call it? Is "Espanol"
correct? I want to name language links in their native language - French
will become Francais, etc.

>>>Do you want to keep your own layout or are you willing to adopt the
>>>new one? Either is fine, of course, but I would be grateful if you
>>>adopt the new design.
>
> Well, this it is an issue that we must decide between all the team of
> translators. Personally, I like the new look that you are designing, but
> prefer our logo ; -))

I like your logo too (are you aware of the logo contest? See
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html#logocontest). Your logo
would also look nice with the new design, so feel free to keep it. I
figure that if you volunteer for the translation effort, you should also
be able to put a bit of yourself into it.
I think it would be nice if each translation has their own logo; this
can be achieved by editing one line in the stylesheet
(www/test/style/screen.css in CVS). But you're also welcome to use the
current test-logo or the one from the logo contest.

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)