cvs commit: www/test generalnews.txt search.html website-bottom.html

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Thu Aug 7 16:48:22 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:59:25PM -0400, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:36:05 -0400
> "Seth W. Klein" <sk at sethwklein.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, good stuff is actually phrase wrapped, not word wrapped, so you
> > could start with something like:
> >
> > sed -i 's/\([.,;]\) /\1\n/g'
>
> IMO inserting \n after each coma is not a really good idea...

It would have been interesting if your opinion had come with reasons.
However... that code most definitely does not insert a newline after
each comma--it only does commas that have a space after them. It should
be enhanced to get colons, as well, and comma-quote, and.... But the
perfect solution would use an AI that understands English. Considering
that, I smell a point at which it is easier to fix the results of a
simpler script ;)

cheers,
Seth W. Klein