cvs commit: www/test generalnews.txt search.html website-bottom.html

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Thu Aug 7 15:36:05 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:08:32AM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Seth W. Klein. You said the following on 08/07/03 04:48:
> >
> >It'd be a good idea to wrap that at 80 characters. Doing so gives you
> >friendlier diffs when doing typo fixes and is generally more Unix
> >friendly.
>
> Oh boy... did you look at the source html yet? I didn't wrap anything so
> the html structure is very clear. I understand the need to wrap at 80
> columns but that will be a _very_large_cvs_commit!
>
> Is there a one-liner perl script or something available for doing this?
> I don't like what HTML tidy does with it...

Well, good stuff is actually phrase wrapped, not word wrapped, so you
could start with something like:

But if I were you, I'd just change areas when I was updating them
anyway. Maybe some time down the road when much of it has been changed,
then go through and get the stagnant stuff. Or not :) Of course, if
someone came along and wanted to make a crusade of it, well... it
wouldn't be the first huge cvs commit.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein