Updated release schedule (or: valid arguments for postponing of the launch...)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 6 18:52:14 PDT 2003

Hi,
The site is functionally complete now except for the bugzilla2web
interface. But there's still plenty of work on the todo list and I also
want to spend some more time banging on the site and let people test it
properly once we have all pieces in place (especially the recent work).
So I propose we delay the site launch a bit, despite my earlier optimism
of getting it ready by friday.

I've updated the todo list at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo accordingly; and put
in a roadmap so we have some fixed dates by which we can adjust our
individual schedules.

I'm going to a concert of the Rolling Stones next monday and then I'm
off on a holiday of a week. Before then, I have little time to work on
it (just a couple of hours in the evenings). Lets use that week (to call
for testers on the lfs lists; asking people to compare the results of
their favorite browser with the known (correct) rendering of the site in
Mozilla>1.3, Opera-7.x or IE6. After my holiday, I can work on the
remaining bugs and hopefully, within a week after my return (perhaps
25th of August), we'll be able to do a proper launch.

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)