test cgi-bin?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 6 02:06:15 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 08/06/03 02:57:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 15:31, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to run cgi programs from the test site?
>

> It is now. The script doesn't run currently, gotto fix the bugs now. If
> you can't fix or find the bugs, just let me know. I'm dedicating all day
> tomorrow to the scripting requirements for the new site so I can take
> care of this counter problem too then.

I'll try this myself first but feel free to help if you're done with
below stuff.

> Can you reply to this and give a wishlist of items you want fixed in
> which order? I'll take care of them in the priority you provide them
> with.

A whole lot of work has allready been done, especially on the scripting
side. Anderson Lizardo would like to work on the cvs2cl.pl script, and
the current solution works so you can skip that.

The main thing which still needs to be done is a similar script for
bugzilla messages. I haven't found one via google (my next bet would be
the bugzilla mailing lists), allthough there are hints that bugzilla is
capable of it by itself.

The second thing you can work on is the search interface. I can't help
you with the server configuration but it seems they named specific
sections and refer to those names in the search forms. (see
http://search.apache.org/). We could try a similar thing for the mailing
lists.

I'm going to work on the the mailing list and bugzilla templates to
display in the new layout.

Thanks, and good luck,

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)