cvs2cl.pl - XML output

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 5 18:16:08 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Secondly, I should probably use XSLT stylesheets to transform the XML
> into XHTML. However, I'm a complete newbe regarding XML and XSLT, can
> anybody help me with this? I need to extract the following
> information in this format:
>
> <li>
> <h4>Date - Author</h4>
> </li>
>
> (more verbally explained at
> http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo)
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me,

I became interested in writing a Perl script for it. I'd like to
exercise my Perl (and learn a lot, too), and it seems a good task. But
I'm afraid that I cannot write the script on time (maybe you will
receive a response from cvs2cl.pl developers before this).

The features of the script I'm planning to write will be the same you
are requesting, with some future improvements (automatic archiving?
templating?)

BTW, other projects that you can play with are:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvs2html/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvstat/