Some website problems

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 4 15:18:58 PDT 2003

Anderson Lizardo said the following on 08/04/03 23:40:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>>Did you mean http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html#pagenav
>>>? In my Konqueror (3.1.1), it shows inline.
>>
>>It seems it rearranges them when reloading the page, and they're not
>>rendered consistently inline or list-based.
>

> Strange; when I tested the site, It was OK. But now, it shows the
> problem you metioned. Maybe the changes weren't applied yet from CVS at
> that time.

No, I get varying results too; sometimes they're inline and when I
reload the page, they're displayed as a list. Very inconsistent behavior
though.
Are you able to test this against a recent CVS version of Konqueror?
Maybe we could file a bug (allthough it seems somewhat difficult to
reproduce).

> Now, a convenient question: why did you change the code? Was it not
> working for other browsers?

Yes it was, but I like the current look much better. Don't you?

> <argh>If you don't have a workaround for this, you can always use a
> TABLE...</argh>

I'd rather use tables for tabular data and not for presentation. I've
been able to come up with pretty creative solutions in the past (pats
himself ;)) so I'm sure I will now too. You're more then welcome to help
me of course.

FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)