LiveCD Future

dick thompson rhomp2002 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 15 19:27:44 PDT 2008

Speaking as one who is interested in the liveCD, I hope this goes
forward.  I tried to put together an LFS partition and got a good bit of
the way with it but got hung up at one point when the supposed versions
to be applied were not available and when I went ahead with including
the one that was available I ran into problems later.  At that point I
got involved with other things and then had some health problems to
solve.  I would still like to get a version of LFS working so I can use
it to learn as much as possible.  If there is a new LFS version on the
horizon then I would prefer to go with that.  The older one does not
support some of the hardware I now have on my computer and I have enough
problems getting it working without adding that to it.

I will be watching this website to see how this advances.  I hope that
6.4 comes out soon and that the kernel in use will be closer to the 6.26
version that is available now.  It at least has the drivers I need.

Good luck and I will be contributing through the website very soon.

Dick Thompson
rhomp2002 at earthlink.net